Interoperability Summary: Leveraging 3D Designs and Data
Referencing and Converting Existing External Data to and from Multiple Formats in Engineering and Construction Projects
Large engineering capital projects require many partners, subcontractors, suppliers, EPCs, and other stakeholders who create project data. These companies have invested in software tools and training to support their own processes, workflows, and business objectives. Software solutions, and the designs and data they produce, become the pivotal point of collaboration, communication, and design integrity, and ultimately become deliverables for the project. Designs and data must move freely during the project, during handover, and for the lifecycle of the facility. However, project data is often locked into silos. It is governed by software format, readability, compatibility limitations, and restrictions. Converting very large project databases is a complex and expensive undertaking for owners and EPCs.
This white paper explores five scenarios (and relevant interoperability technology) to reuse 3D data throughout the design, construction, handover, and operations and maintenance (O&M) phases of the plant lifecycle. These include:
- (Design Phase) Reuse data for Smart 3D design (3D Interop)
- (Design Phase) Full conversion to Smart 3D (Importers)
- (Construction and O&M) Provide 3D data from multiple formats during construction and O&M
- (3D Interop)
- (O&M Design) Engineering in O&M (CAXperts)
- (Handover) Conversion from Smart 3D to meet client handover requirements and specifications
Download this white paper for more information!